Today we left Regina for Minot. We ended up leaving the city just after 11 am. As planned, I got up about 7:30 this morning and went to the gym, where I did 45 Minutes on the tredmill!
I didn't have anything to eat until I was in the car, where I drank my 500 ml of Chocolate milk and 2 Chocolate Bran Muffins I'd made earlier in the week. It worked well that way, because I don't really have a problem not eating in the morning, but seem to have a great problem with not eating in the car - I made it work!
By the time we got to Estevan we were all hungry for lunch. We ended up stopping at a place called Eddie's. After browsing the menu, I thought I might have a Shrimp Salad, then I found out the Shrimp was Sauteed in Oil, so opted for a Tossed Salad with Creamy Cucumber Dressing on the side. I did the dip the fork thing and barely used any dressing - whole meal ended up being 2 points!
When we got to Minot we checked into our hotel, then went to the Wal-Mart Super Center, where I got TONS of 100 Calorie packs of Hostess Cakes, Cheese Its, Butterfinger Bars, cookies, you name it - I got it! I also got some Crystal Lite - Ruby Red Grapefruit, Peach Iced Tea, Raspberry Lemonade & Pink Lemonade (Which I can't wait to try!). I did end up trying some of the 100 Calorie packs of Hostess Cakes - it's 3 mini cakes for 2 points - quite good.
I have been wanting a exercise DVD for awhile, and ended up getting the Dancing with the Stars Cardio DVD, so I can't wait to try that either!
For dinner we were going to go to Applebee's, which was super busy, so we opted to go elsewhere, but will go back to Applebee's another night. We went to a Buffet - which can be difficult on WW, however, I managed. I started with a salad, with Low-Fat Ranch Dressing (was quite pleased to see this) and some Cottage Cheese (I'm saying it was approximately a half cup) so that plate was 3 points. I then went back and found some broiled fish (No batter... right next to the battered ones and fried chicken, which I ignored) and some steamed vegetables. It was a smallish piece of fish, so I counted that plate as another 2 points. Total meal points - 5! They also had sugar free pudding and jello options for dessert, which pleased me. I had orange jello. I did however have to have a small portion of soft ice cream, which I tracked at an additional 5 points.
I'm quite proud of myself. I'm hoping I can stick with this my whole trip! It's really not difficult to be good while eating out if you pay attention.
Here's to tomorrow!
I didn't have anything to eat until I was in the car, where I drank my 500 ml of Chocolate milk and 2 Chocolate Bran Muffins I'd made earlier in the week. It worked well that way, because I don't really have a problem not eating in the morning, but seem to have a great problem with not eating in the car - I made it work!
By the time we got to Estevan we were all hungry for lunch. We ended up stopping at a place called Eddie's. After browsing the menu, I thought I might have a Shrimp Salad, then I found out the Shrimp was Sauteed in Oil, so opted for a Tossed Salad with Creamy Cucumber Dressing on the side. I did the dip the fork thing and barely used any dressing - whole meal ended up being 2 points!
When we got to Minot we checked into our hotel, then went to the Wal-Mart Super Center, where I got TONS of 100 Calorie packs of Hostess Cakes, Cheese Its, Butterfinger Bars, cookies, you name it - I got it! I also got some Crystal Lite - Ruby Red Grapefruit, Peach Iced Tea, Raspberry Lemonade & Pink Lemonade (Which I can't wait to try!). I did end up trying some of the 100 Calorie packs of Hostess Cakes - it's 3 mini cakes for 2 points - quite good.
I have been wanting a exercise DVD for awhile, and ended up getting the Dancing with the Stars Cardio DVD, so I can't wait to try that either!
For dinner we were going to go to Applebee's, which was super busy, so we opted to go elsewhere, but will go back to Applebee's another night. We went to a Buffet - which can be difficult on WW, however, I managed. I started with a salad, with Low-Fat Ranch Dressing (was quite pleased to see this) and some Cottage Cheese (I'm saying it was approximately a half cup) so that plate was 3 points. I then went back and found some broiled fish (No batter... right next to the battered ones and fried chicken, which I ignored) and some steamed vegetables. It was a smallish piece of fish, so I counted that plate as another 2 points. Total meal points - 5! They also had sugar free pudding and jello options for dessert, which pleased me. I had orange jello. I did however have to have a small portion of soft ice cream, which I tracked at an additional 5 points.
I'm quite proud of myself. I'm hoping I can stick with this my whole trip! It's really not difficult to be good while eating out if you pay attention.
Here's to tomorrow!
0 comments:
Post a Comment