Another great day!
We weren't able to go shopping til about noon today, because everything was closed until then. It was a nice morning of sitting around doing nothing.
We did get up and go to the Hotel's Continental breakfast. I got 2 cups of milk there, that was it. Back in the room I ate a Lemon Cream Pie WW Yogurt - VERY YUMMY, and a 100 Calorie Pack of Mini Hostess Blueberry muffins, which were also great.
Just before noon we all left the hotel and stopped at Taco Bell on our way to the mall. I had a Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco, and a Steak Soft Taco, both from their Fresco Menu - meaning they were only 3 points each.
At the mall, April & I went off on our own to begin with. I found a few stores that I like, where the clothes are starting to fit me, but I'd be more comfortable in them when I lose some weight. Then I can come back! We also went to Victoria's Secret. I was kind of disappointed. I checked the website before going and the prices were cheaper there, and the sizes were bigger. In the store the biggest underwear they had were a large, and on the site they sold up to an extra large. The bras were all about 45 dollars in the store, and only about 20 on the website. False advertising I tell ya!
I had more luck at Old Navy. I grabbed a pair of size 16 and size 18 jeans to try on, not thinking I'd have much luck, because I rarely do with jeans. I decided to try on the 16's first - and they fit.. perfectly! It was great! That's all I got there.
I did wander off on my own for awhile, while everyone else was at a sporting goods store. I found a couple nice tops for work at Sears (40% off to boot so they were less than 20 bucks each) they look hot!
After the mall we headed to K-mart. I got a sweater with Grumpy on it for ten bucks. I just really needed a sweater. I forgot to bring one and I was freezing all day. It's cute though.
We went to Applebee's for dinner tonight. We got there before the dinner rush... at persicely the right time. A crowd followed us in!
I had the WW French Onion Soup (3 points) and the WW Steak and Shrimp Skewers, which was served with Broccoli on a bed of rice. I was quite impressed. I figured the portions would be small, and maybe not fill me up. But they were perfect, and I left full. It was a great meal.
After dinner we went to Wal-mart. I got some more clothes there. I got some sweat pants that are like capri's - they're really cute. I also got another shirt for work and a couple of t-shirts. The prices for the clothes down here is definatly cheaper than at home. Don ended up buying 12 shirts between Target, Old Navy and Wal-mart!
I also got a few more groceries at Wal-mart. I got some Fat Free Chef Boyardee Ravioli, and some Fat Free Turkey Chili. I'm looking forward to trying those. I also found some 100 calorie Twix and 3 Muskateer bars, as well as Oreo and Chips Ahoy Candy bites.
Tomorrow our plan is to go to the waterpark, and to a movie in the evening, so it should give my credit card a good rest!
Oh - I got a new bathing suit today too at Wal-mart. It's a one peice, but kind of has an empire waist with a skirt that covers my ugly thighs :) It's really cute.. maybe I'll post a picture one day. I haven't worn a one piece in years, but this one looks great. Or so everyone else assured me!
I'm off to bed now. My feet ache. :)
We weren't able to go shopping til about noon today, because everything was closed until then. It was a nice morning of sitting around doing nothing.
We did get up and go to the Hotel's Continental breakfast. I got 2 cups of milk there, that was it. Back in the room I ate a Lemon Cream Pie WW Yogurt - VERY YUMMY, and a 100 Calorie Pack of Mini Hostess Blueberry muffins, which were also great.
Just before noon we all left the hotel and stopped at Taco Bell on our way to the mall. I had a Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco, and a Steak Soft Taco, both from their Fresco Menu - meaning they were only 3 points each.
At the mall, April & I went off on our own to begin with. I found a few stores that I like, where the clothes are starting to fit me, but I'd be more comfortable in them when I lose some weight. Then I can come back! We also went to Victoria's Secret. I was kind of disappointed. I checked the website before going and the prices were cheaper there, and the sizes were bigger. In the store the biggest underwear they had were a large, and on the site they sold up to an extra large. The bras were all about 45 dollars in the store, and only about 20 on the website. False advertising I tell ya!
I had more luck at Old Navy. I grabbed a pair of size 16 and size 18 jeans to try on, not thinking I'd have much luck, because I rarely do with jeans. I decided to try on the 16's first - and they fit.. perfectly! It was great! That's all I got there.
I did wander off on my own for awhile, while everyone else was at a sporting goods store. I found a couple nice tops for work at Sears (40% off to boot so they were less than 20 bucks each) they look hot!
After the mall we headed to K-mart. I got a sweater with Grumpy on it for ten bucks. I just really needed a sweater. I forgot to bring one and I was freezing all day. It's cute though.
We went to Applebee's for dinner tonight. We got there before the dinner rush... at persicely the right time. A crowd followed us in!
I had the WW French Onion Soup (3 points) and the WW Steak and Shrimp Skewers, which was served with Broccoli on a bed of rice. I was quite impressed. I figured the portions would be small, and maybe not fill me up. But they were perfect, and I left full. It was a great meal.
After dinner we went to Wal-mart. I got some more clothes there. I got some sweat pants that are like capri's - they're really cute. I also got another shirt for work and a couple of t-shirts. The prices for the clothes down here is definatly cheaper than at home. Don ended up buying 12 shirts between Target, Old Navy and Wal-mart!
I also got a few more groceries at Wal-mart. I got some Fat Free Chef Boyardee Ravioli, and some Fat Free Turkey Chili. I'm looking forward to trying those. I also found some 100 calorie Twix and 3 Muskateer bars, as well as Oreo and Chips Ahoy Candy bites.
Tomorrow our plan is to go to the waterpark, and to a movie in the evening, so it should give my credit card a good rest!
Oh - I got a new bathing suit today too at Wal-mart. It's a one peice, but kind of has an empire waist with a skirt that covers my ugly thighs :) It's really cute.. maybe I'll post a picture one day. I haven't worn a one piece in years, but this one looks great. Or so everyone else assured me!
I'm off to bed now. My feet ache. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment