BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 9, 2008

New Beginnings

Appropriately titled, today was, yet again, a new beginning. My hope is that one day, I will no longer be labeling my blog entries as beginnings, rather as stepping stones along my weight loss journey. I suppose that everyday is another step towards that final goal, however, my steps seem to be going one forward, two back, and the saga continues.

I weighed myself this morning, fully expecting to have gained several pounds this past week, and was surprised to see I'd only gained .4 - I actually wish I'd gained more, because I sure did deserve to. I am, however, grateful that I did not, but I'm going to count my blessings and move on with life. I've "started over" again today, and if it kills me, I'm going to rough out the week. Everyday that I waste is another day closer to my wedding, my ultimate goal.

I did quite well today, I rarely even thought of food, which is great! When I got home this evening, I still had 5 points left for a small bowl of tostitos - my recent guilty pleasure.

This evening was quite enjoyable. My friend, Jaimie, is a Mary Kay consultant, well, she's just starting out. Anyway, she invited me to a foot spa night that the consultants were hosting. It's amazing what some products can do to your feet - they feel all wonderful and beautiful right now. I need to keep them this way! I have my own bubbling foot spa thing, that I need to use more. I've really been wanting a pedicure lately too, so I think when I finally break through the 200 lb mark, I'm going to reward myself! I'm going to stick to my goal of breaking that by September 1st!

On another note, I am really missing the meetings right now, and cannot wait to go back, which may end up being sooner rather than later, as I've gotten a new job! It's still at the same place, but it pays quite a bit more, so it's all good! As soon as that kicks in, I'm getting back to meetings! I need them!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I always have to laugh at Mondays as they always seem to be the 'I need to hit the reset day today.' lol I totally hear ya! :)

Well, as you will soon see my progress is starting to go down hill a bit here too and I am working on getting it all straightened out again. We can do this!!!!

Hang in there strong! :)