So yesterday I had every intention of being good. I started the day with some instant mashed potatoes, as I'd learned the previous day that they were easy to eat (12 points, including the margarine & 1 c. Milk).
Mid-afternoon Don and I decided to go for a frozen yogurt, which was good (only 2 points) and a small walk. At this point I still had zero energy, and was quite whiny, the poor guy! I'm really becoming quite frustrated of not being able to eat anything substantial, in addition to feeling like utter crap. We came home and I laid around and whined a whole lot more, finally decided to have a nap for an hour, at Don's recommendation (once again, poor guy).
I woke up to make dinner, we were having Chicken Tacos - mine in soft taco shells. It was at this point that I decided I needed more energy to heal than the potatoes and yogurt had given me - or perhaps it was my way of saying "#&*$ it... I'm eating what I want." I had a couple of very soft chocolate cookies (3 points), and a glass of chocolate milk (3 points), along with some cheese (2 points). This did make me feel better, whether it was just psychological or I really did need it, I'm not sure. I then proceeded to eat my two soft tacos, which, by the way took forever and I'm also wishing I never ate, because it hurt! That ended up being another 10 points.
Later in the evening we went for slurpees, which really do make my mouth feel better. I only had a small one though. In the end I did end up writing everything down, which I'm proud of myself for - used 12 flex points. I'm also proud of myself for pushing and going for a small walk mid-afternoon, which was my intention. So now that I look back at it, it wasn't an overly wasted day.
Today, I'm really wanting Sushi, but I don't think my mouth could stand it yet. I'd also likely get very frustrated if I did try eating it. I'm disappointed to say it'll probably be another day of mashed potatoes and zoodles.
I'm also to return to work tomorrow, which I'm not looking forward to. I should push myself today to get out of bed and do something, so I don't feel like I've completely wasted my 4-day weekend.
I do have a few things to look forward to in the upcoming weeks. This weekend is Mosaic in the city. It is a festival of cultures, where you buy a passport and can visit as many different cultures as you please. At each stop there is food, drinks and entertainment from the different cultures - it's always a good time.
The following weekend is my annual "Girls Camping Trip" which I'm quite looking forward to - I'm even going to refrain from burning off all the skin from my face this year!
Wishing everyone a successful day!
Mid-afternoon Don and I decided to go for a frozen yogurt, which was good (only 2 points) and a small walk. At this point I still had zero energy, and was quite whiny, the poor guy! I'm really becoming quite frustrated of not being able to eat anything substantial, in addition to feeling like utter crap. We came home and I laid around and whined a whole lot more, finally decided to have a nap for an hour, at Don's recommendation (once again, poor guy).
I woke up to make dinner, we were having Chicken Tacos - mine in soft taco shells. It was at this point that I decided I needed more energy to heal than the potatoes and yogurt had given me - or perhaps it was my way of saying "#&*$ it... I'm eating what I want." I had a couple of very soft chocolate cookies (3 points), and a glass of chocolate milk (3 points), along with some cheese (2 points). This did make me feel better, whether it was just psychological or I really did need it, I'm not sure. I then proceeded to eat my two soft tacos, which, by the way took forever and I'm also wishing I never ate, because it hurt! That ended up being another 10 points.
Later in the evening we went for slurpees, which really do make my mouth feel better. I only had a small one though. In the end I did end up writing everything down, which I'm proud of myself for - used 12 flex points. I'm also proud of myself for pushing and going for a small walk mid-afternoon, which was my intention. So now that I look back at it, it wasn't an overly wasted day.
Today, I'm really wanting Sushi, but I don't think my mouth could stand it yet. I'd also likely get very frustrated if I did try eating it. I'm disappointed to say it'll probably be another day of mashed potatoes and zoodles.
I'm also to return to work tomorrow, which I'm not looking forward to. I should push myself today to get out of bed and do something, so I don't feel like I've completely wasted my 4-day weekend.
I do have a few things to look forward to in the upcoming weeks. This weekend is Mosaic in the city. It is a festival of cultures, where you buy a passport and can visit as many different cultures as you please. At each stop there is food, drinks and entertainment from the different cultures - it's always a good time.
The following weekend is my annual "Girls Camping Trip" which I'm quite looking forward to - I'm even going to refrain from burning off all the skin from my face this year!
Wishing everyone a successful day!
1 comments:
Have fun on your camping trip!
Slurpees! lol I just had one yesterday for the first time in a couple of yrs! I so forgot how sweet they were. :)
Well your eating sounds a bit like mine at the moment. Sitting around not being able to do much has taken its toll and I am addicted to chocolate covered digestive cookies dipped in tea with milk and sugar! It really should come with a warning attached to it saying 'addictive'! lol
I hope things get back on track with you soon here!
Post a Comment