BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm proud of me!

This rarely happens, but I'm proud of myself! I packed my lunch - and remembered to take it to work, then, when asked by a group of co-workers to join them for lunch, I declined! I chose to eat the healthy lunch that I'd brought, instead of eating god-knows-what at a restaurant. I'm weak at restaurants. I need to have a plan, with several options before even walking in. I had no plan, so I avoided disaster. I'm glad that I did.

My mom, Don & I went to Indiana Jones tonight. I quite enjoyed it. Who knew movies at the first run theaters were only $5 on Tuesdays!? I'll have to go more often! Snacks at the movie have never been a big issue for me. I used to work at a theater in high school, since then, I can barely stomach the greasy popcorn there. I do usually sneak in a small snack in my purse, which I did to tonight - a box of chewy gobstoppers (my guilty pleasure).

I've found the last two days extremely easy to get through. I've had something to do at night, which I think has helped me. Having an activity to keep me busy. It's also kept me happier. The last few weeks since school's been over, I feel like I come home, eat, eat more, and eat more, then watch tv... while eating, then go to bed. Every day, day after day. The weather hasn't been super here either, so it makes it difficult to motivate myself to go outside and be active.

I'm also proud of myself for another reason. I had 5 points remaining when I got home from the movie, and my plan was to have a serving of tostitos with some salsa. Well.. I got home, only to realize someone has eaten them! GAH. I ended up having a pudding cup and a fibre 1 bar, which really didn't give me what I was looking for. I thought of using some flex points, but then decided I really didn't need it. So that's proud x 2 today! Two days in and not a flex point used! I'm on a roll!

I got my weight watchers magazine tonight, so I'll spend the remainder of the evening reading that. I hope everyone else is having a wonderful weight loss day!

2 comments:

Mel said...

I love it when someone else eats the stuff that I know is debatable for for me... I usually don't end up missing it at all :)
Good job on the snack choices though :) I love fibre one bars.
If it's ok by you, I'd like to link your blog to mine, I can use as much positive influence as I can get.

Unknown said...

Job well done in MANY areas!!! Good for you. :)

Yeah... the weather has not been to nice here either. I know we need the rain but some heat with it would be nice though. When I am out with my running clinic on the bike I find I have to dress up extra warm... this should not be happening at this time of year!

Have a great weekend!